Monday, November 21, 2005

Should we stand being inconvenienced for someone else's mistake?

A colleague of mine from Singapore had worked in Malaysia for 1 year and had to pay a hefty deposit to a mobile service provider (SP) to get a postpaid number. His assignment ended in January this year and, allowing time for the calls to appear in the bill, submitted his request for refund of unused amount in March. Since he does not have a postal address here, have used my home address for the service provider to send the refund cheque.

The refund cheque finally came in October, more than 6 months later. BUT, the surname was spelt wrongly. I finally found time to go to the SP's branch to get them to correct the error today. When my number was finally called, the customer service personnel confirmed that the surname was indeed spelt wrongly after checking the data in the account online. She had to go seek her supervisor's advice to decide what to do next.

When she came back, she asked if my colleague can fax over his I/C or passport for her to confirm the spelling. That's when I got puzzled and asked her "why?". Apparently, she need it to verify the spelling. So I said, "your company had to check his passport when the account was opened, the data in the computer shows the spelling as per his passport, and now you want him to fax over a copy of his passport for an error that is made by your accounts department? Let me speak to your supervisor."

This episode reminded me of what our JPN initially did, requiring the public to pay RM20 to have their religion in the I/C changed. Well, my wife was in JPN Putrajaya today with her brother and decided to check on the religion on her Mykad. The religion was indeed wrong and I told her to get in changed since she was already there. There is no charge for the change if it is for religion so at least JPN has corrected that flaw. I'm quite sure the religion on my Mykad is wrong too so I'll have to get mine done later.

As for the refund cheque, the lady finally advised that they will send a replacement cheque, which will take 1 month.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Man in the Mirror,

Looks like nobody wants to comment on your blog anymore. Perhaps it is getting so bloody boring?

Complain, complain, complain.... Lament, lament, lament...

You need to write about scandals, gossip, fictitious news, etc... otherwise, only your dog will read your blog.

Yawn....

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read your blog for quite some times now and never posted any comments until now... and just to let you know that someone who posted comments like "anonymous" is like a pimple...you know it is quite irritating...you cannot wipe it off your face but sooner or later it will goes away.. no guarantee it wont come again but rest assured it will never be a permanent feature...

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Razman,

Maybe the anonymous person is just too lazy to create an id? How can you say all the anonymous comments will go away like a pimple? This is the internet... Helllloooooo???

By the way, who are you?

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I know who is your colleagues from Singapore.
From the man with a short timetunnel to the man in the glass.

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home